Tuesday, June 3, 2014

my first blog

As a kids I was very active but as I got older, like most teenagers, became less active. my mom always tells me i was the strongest kid she knew. like most teenagers there was a lot of peer pressure on who's the most athletic or who's the skinniest. so i decided to make a change for myself. the people who always said, " I'm the skinniest" just have to except that being the skinniest doesn't make you cool. i know a lot of them starve them selves just so they'll be the skinniest and that is just damaging their bodies. i was never a skinny person and I've come to learn that you don't have to be super thin to be healthy. As a teenager my great gramma was 5' 8", " big boned", and the captain of her schools basketball team. later in life she became a type 2 diabetic, if she would have made healthier food choices she could have prevented that, and i don't want to go down that same road.So i do high intensity interval training now and trying to make healthy food choices. Last year I was diagnosed with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and i am now on a gluten free and diary free diet. i am doing much better now. i also have ADHD and my symptoms have improved a lot. i even have stop taking one of my medications, with doctors consent. i emotionally and physically feel healthier and i am proud of myself for the changes i am making.

i hope you enjoy reading my blog about my healthy changes and my journey along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment